Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

JBG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How many of you guys have ordered from JBG?...and if you have, what has the ordering/delivery process been like?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I ordered a transfer case rebuild kit and their service was excelent. One package got here a day before expected and the other came the day it was expected. I was very impressed with the quality of parts. Thier phone service department is great too.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I've had good luck with them and in most cases parts are shipped out pretty quickly. The only thing I didn't like was if you order from their website, they don't tell you if something is on back order or not until the next day or so when it shows up on your internet account. So, you may want to keep that in mind and just call them with your order. But, they are a good company to work with and many times are cheaper ordering through them than directly through the manufacturer. It's one of the top companies i've ordered through.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I order from there all the time. Word of advice, call ahead and make sure they have what you want in stock. They have been known to have things on backorder and never tell the customer and/or send you a lesser quality part. As far as online ordering goes, find what you want and put it in your cart. You'll have to input some personal info (ie shipping/billing address, card number and a few other things). Then you submit your order. Shipping appears to be a flat rate for a predetermined dollar amount. Beyond that, I've always had good experiences with JBG except for $8 shipping on a $10 item, but it rocks when you order $200 worth of stuff. The guys have always been pleasant to deal with on the phone as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks for the responses!

Ordered the new motor mounts from them. Quality part, fast shipping, and easy to deal with

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'd read that before Ben....I figured they were a decent place to deal with...I will be ordering a bunch of stuff from them over winter.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright good...just wanted you to be fully informed, even though you shouldn't have a problem, and use what was said in this thread. Depending on the size of your order, you may want to see if they have a bulk order discount.

So does this mean you'll be ordering less stuff from DC?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What I can't get from DC, I will probably wind up getting from JBG...and now that I have found this place in Sweetgrass, it will make ordering a whole lot easier....DC's shipping terms to up here were a little screwy to say the least!
The place in Sweetgrass charges very little....$20 to receive a skid!!..and the dollar is making things more attractive again

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So now, ask about DC's quality, service, prices etc. ;) LOL :)

Alvin in AZ

Issues with them is there?...I'd heard about back orders...is there more?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I filled my shopping cart online and had a question about a thermostat housing. Gave em a call and the guy couldn't answer my question so he put me on hold, went and physically got the part, took it out of the box to answer my question( turns out I had the wrong housing on my truck) Shipping was real quick, but I'm not that far away.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I've ordered 3 times from JBG. One order was a lot of front end parts. I've been very happy with them. I'm supposed to get some gas tank parts today. One thing I don't understand though is that they charge less for DC parts(fan shrouds) than DC does. Ground shipping has always been on time, and they always provide a tracking number.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
One thing I don't understand though is that they charge less for DC parts(fan shrouds) than DC does.

I've wondered that in general. I mean you can order the majority of stuff from Summit and it's cheaper than buying direct. I think it would have something to do with how they're logistics program is set up. Also the fact that JBG probably gets a nice discount and isn't expecting as much return in profit, which in turn is passed along to the consumer.

Ford Truck Articles