Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How the heck.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I'm installing my new one wire super alternator and some thing smacked me in the face like a ...
Any ways, one dig on this the positive cable goes from the bat to the Alt.. some thing isn't right here..
this is how the installation guide says to install it..
High Output 200 Amp One Wire Alternator
"1 Wire" means Positive battery wire to alternator only(4 gauge or larger)
No other wires needed
No modifications to the stock bracket or pulley system needed
How the hell is the truck going to get power!
Am I missing s ome thing eher????

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
But how....

Its one wire from the bat TO the Alt no where else .. there is no wires going any where else so how the heck will it get the power from the battery?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Where do your wires going to the truck hook up now? You might have to move them to the solenoid.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
What...
WHAT!
Ok..
One wire hook up one 1 wire no more no less One being the number of the wire 2 being to many and 3 is just out of the question.. 4 is right not..
wire.
Form battery
To
Alternator.
No other wires
going any where.
Just 1
Do I need to take a picture of this?

You leave everything as it was before hooked to the solenoid and anyother power feeds you may of had. you take the power wire from the alternator and hook it to your battery. It's a one wire alternator, not a one wire system. Basically you'll have one wire going to the alternator and one wire to the solenoid. You'll also have a wire coming off the same side of the solenoid to feed other systems in the truck. I think that is how it goes. It's been a few years since I've played with one.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well i guess my trucks been messed with over the years, because my battery cable was bolted on to the solenoid, so I need to run two cables one from the bat to the solenoid and one from the alternator to the battery..

Any ways!
guns great! and even cooler :) my fuel filters are both full now no more surging :D I should have done this years ago!
Oh and thanks to the Tonymyster!!! for helping me get it running :D I would rep you but it says I suck eggs :(

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You got any before/after/progress pics Tex?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ok! these wires
PA090220.jpg

Hooked up to the alt here
PA090221.jpg

The BLACK cable is how the original cable was hooked up ever since I owned the truck. from the bat to the solenoid..
So when the paper said "run one wire from the bat to the Alt" it really chunked a monkey wrench at me.
PA090222.jpg

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I'll upload a pic of my complete 3g set-up.................................

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
OK, snapped a pic.

You're wired correctly, but you need to get a Maxi fuse in there. If that big 3g ever faulters and goes full field a fire won't be far behind!

Here's what mine looks like. (complete with Optima battery, red top though, not yellow)
001-11.jpg

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I got my whole 3g set up from Pa-performance. Maxi fuses are kind of common though. If you have a fork lift dealership nearby they should be able to hook you up.

Ford Truck Articles