Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 f150 4x4...long slow build coming up!

IMG_4368.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Very nice '79! These trucks seem to be pretty reliable with regular TLC. I've been by the Utah sign and through Eisenhower Tunnel numerous times.

Last edited:
The only glitches on the trip (a touch over 3600 miles) was a clogged fuel filter, a nail in a tire and had to fill rear diff fluid. 14mpg at 2850 rpm ( 80 mph) for 900 miles a day isn't to bad! Especially with the altitude changes in the mountains and 1800 lbs in the bed on the way there! I gotta admit, I'm impressed with the 351m!

At 3 years later, it’s been my daily driver for 2 years (my wagon in the pic got totaled). Just hit 55,000 miles on the odometer (I set it at 0 when I built it. Only issue I’ve had so far is a bad distributor. For the last 18 months I’ve been driving 60 miles a day to work and back with my job change. It has never failed to start and never left me stranded! Still haven’t touched bodywork although I have been getting the interior into shape. Will get more pics hopefully tomorrow. I now have 2 kids that are working on their cars, so mine is on the back burner.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
That's awesome, not sure many of us put that many miles on our dents every day!

Looking forward to those picsYelloThumbUp

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Very cool....but question on the earlier trip:

How would you know the rear diff was low on fluids?

Windshield was loaded with bugs! Cool pics.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts