Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Going to reupholster my wifes 1974 250 in leather, anyone know of a good source for either materials or someone that can make them?

Wife wants leather in a 74 SB CC. Seat are ok but I want her happy so I can keep buying my toys Anyone recovered their stock seats in leather? looking into material that will last not just painted leather like what you see in new vehicles. Anyone have a great source or someone that does mail order upholstery? Thanks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
SMS is my go to source, but I've only ever used them for OEM/NOS material and for that era, it's either vinyl or cloth. Might still be worth seeing what they have. Be prepared for sticker shock though, usually $6-800 in material alone for a straight bench for me.

both right. I figure a few grand for interior. I was going to get her a King Ranch interior and that starts at $1500 to $5000 depending on condition for take offs. I was going to get her the dark leather with lacing. She said nope she wants the stock ones done up instead. I have been using SMS for Houndstooth inserts for 30yrs. Never use them for leather not even sure they do it. I think Autocrafters has leather. Local yocals in my area rip you off unfortunately.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've been wanting to do a 92-96 40/20/40 seat in 73-79 Lariat styling...but I'm not enough of a visionary to do it myself, and I'm too cheap to pay someone else to do it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts