Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

73 f100 4x4 disc brake conversion

looking to put disc brakes on my f100 4x4. hard to find complete conversion kit. any one have any ideas? I was thinking I could use parts from broncos. Any help would be great

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Fronts should be relatively easy, snag everything off half tin truck of the era with discs and change over to your rig. Would be a good time to do a hydroboost or at least an F350 booster/Mc upgrade. And if you're looking for the rear, forum sponsor Left Eye Blind Racing offers a couple different conversions. If you have one of the light duty f100's with a rear 44 (instead of 9") you're out of luck there.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1976: First year that F100/250 4WD's came with disc brakes.

Some 1977/79 F100/150 2WD's came with the Dana 44-3 rear axle, available with or without Limited Slip.

Last edited:
BSW if possible grab the entire front axle and associated parts from a 78-79 Bronco. we did it to my sons 75 Explorer. Got the PS too thats on the outside of the frame which is better than the inner. I did have to reverse the innards on the 79 box but it was easy using parts off a Bronco II steering box( I know you wouldn't think it would hold, it does). you can do with the knuckles out and the tie rod draglink, but it really is better to swap in the Hi pinion.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts