Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Replace intake & carb??

Fellro

Staff member
You will reduce the weight by 50-75 pounds with that swap.... 700 is a little much, but it should handle it. 650 matches up a bit better. It will definitely help.

I did that to my '73

But I used a 600 CFM and the edelbrock manifold. Mine has factory exh. manifolds and single exhaust. I get about 10 mpg. The 600 is plenty of carb for a factory set up. Replacing the manifold on an FE is a royal pain. It'll take 1/2 a day or more, depending on how experienced you are. Well worth the effort. Don't cheap out on gaskets, and do not use the cork gaskets for the front and rear of the manifold. Put a generous amount of silicone on those surfaces and make sure you don't mess it up while putting on the manifold. It works best with 4 hands on the job.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
smiliewhathesaid

That pretty well sums up my experience with them as well... Takes two people, don't use the end gaskets - use silicone, preferable the gray stuff. 600 cfm is plenty for a 360.

I have the 600cfm on my 360. Intake manifold was sooooo heavy, yes two people. I used the red high temp sealant and allot of it though I did have new cork gaskets, but used lots of the sealant on bottom and top, and let sit before putting manifold back on. Didn't replace intake, just did a top end overhaul, I have heard better if done when switching to a better carb, but will still work fine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts