Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Introduction

Hey. I am new here. I thought I would just say hi and I am sure I will be on often for suggestions for my truck. I have a 1978 F-250 with a 351M in it. I just got it this week and am excited to start the restoration process. Any suggestions on what I should do to it are always welcome. It is pretty much all stock from what I can tell.
16458_880231277438_13710700_49971586_2670547_n.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to FTF!Glad to have ya.Looks like ya got yourself a good base truck to start with there.

Yeah it has a little rust at cab corners and around rear wheel wells but not bad. I still need a tailgate, passenger door, and bench seat to make it a little more usable for now. I plan on trying to clean out the motor a bit, re-paint it, and then just do little odds and ends stuff along the way to try to get it restored.

Welcome, you have some rare older wheels on that truck.

I have to say I love the wheels on it as well. I am undecided on the tire size. I am not sure if I want to lift and upgrade to bigger tires or keep stock. Right now I have about $100 invested in it as it was my father in laws truck that has been sitting in his garage for 10 years and he offered to give it to me if I could get it running again.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Welcome aboard!:wavey:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard and great looking truck. Lots of dentside nuts here to help out and keep you going. If it's going to be a restore, I'd suggest doing the drivetrain and drive line first. Make it a reliable driver, then make it pretty. Bodywork and paint is the easy part.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts