Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fires in Fort McMurray

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It's a friggin disaster alright. OL is going out to buy 10 pet carriers to donate to the SPCA as they are needed.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
It's a friggin disaster alright. OL is going out to buy 10 pet carriers to donate to the SPCA as they are needed.

Reading this choked me up Duncan. Thank you you two for thinking of the little kitty's and puppies and all the other pets that are fighting for their lives. Breaks my heart seeing the coverage on social media/news.
:(

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How close to Calgary is the fire? Is it headed South?

Hundreds of miles NE Doug.

Reading this choked me up Duncan. Thank you you two for thinking of the little kitty's and puppies and all the other pets that are fighting for their lives. Breaks my heart seeing the coverage on social media/news.
:(

Yeah...on the plus side, the OL called the SPCA this morning to see if specific sizes were needed...and they had met what they had asked for!!!

Said the were in need of gift cards for pet stores...so she gave them 20-$50 cards...hopefully it helps the critters out.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
What's the status of this now? Have they let residents back into the town?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Not yet as far as I know, looks like they will start going back June 1.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
X2 to what Duncan said Bill. There are still fires burning but recent rainfall is helping. As you've seen on the news, some parts of the town escaped the fire and then you have the complete burnt to the ground areas. A couple of people I know have been up in Ft. Mac helping with the clean up.

Ford Truck Articles