Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How to empty a fuel tank in a 1994 F150?

I always use a siphon then when it is empty drop the tank to get the rest by removing the sending unit. You should be able to get a new gasket and locking ring, also a new float at the service dept.

I also go to a mom and pop tire store to get a couple of inner tubes from a truck like a 18 wheeler cut them to fit the straps od the gas tank along with the top of the tank for extra protection.

Hello and good morning.

You are to be commended for such an excellent idea!

I save my mountain bicycle tubes as they make the best rubber bands.

Boon

Postscript: What size are those mom and pop tires anyway?

Nothing nice.

If your going to siphon , don't suck, put a rag around the fill and blow into the hose.
The pressure will then force the gas up the hose and start the siphon.

Hello and good morning.

I am laughing as I once started a siphon by sucking on a hose and ended up swallowing approximately 1 ounce around noon and I was still burping gas hours afterwards and I must say it is something that I will never do again!

Oh it tasted terrible and there was nothing that I could do.

Boon

But then you don't get a buzz...

Hello and good morning Brother.

It is such a blessing to see the word Jesus on this Forum and I will NEVER be embarassed to state that Yes I Do Follow The King of All Kings!!!!!

"For what profit a man to gain the world and to lose his soul."

Boon

Postscript: I want to have some tee-shirts made that state F B I on the front in large letters and then just below Firm Believer In Christ. What do you think?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hello and good morning Brother.

It is such a blessing to see the word Jesus on this Forum and I will NEVER be embarassed to state that Yes I Do Follow The King of All Kings!!!!!

"For what profit a man to gain the world and to lose his soul."

Boon

Postscript: I want to have some tee-shirts made that state F B I on the front in large letters and then just below Firm Believer In Christ. What do you think?

Great saying on a T Shirt. Mind if I borrow it?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds good to me Boon.

Great saying on a T Shirt. Mind if I borrow it?

The more Soldiers for Christ the better! By all means use it or any Sword that you can think of; as we both know they are "razor sharp!"

Boon

Postscript: "I know my flock, and they know ME."

Ford Truck Articles