Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help with lighting project requested as soon as possible!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I've been following your thread Mike, I know Duncan is an electrician and would be able to help you the best. Hope you get it all "lit" up tomorrow! Got my harness I was telling you about, so looks like an upgrade to mine :)

Dam this itch, got it from some kitty next door,smilietease

Awesome! Here's to a smooth install for yours! :D :beer:
With all these lights we are going to be "Stormtroopin' " down every street!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
GOT IT! What happened was the holes I drilled for the wires were not big enough and the metal portion of the plug-in was making contact with the tailgate on 4 of the lights. I re-drilled and now everything is great! And yes, I grounded the tailgate to the frame as well. Thank you so much to Duncan, Justin, Doug, and Roy! Please see my project thread under the Gen 8/9 forum for pics!

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
GOT IT! What happened was the holes I drilled for the wires were not big enough and the metal portion of the plug-in was making contact with the tailgate on 4 of the lights. I re-drilled and now everything is great! And yes, I grounded the tailgate to the frame as well. Thank you so much to Duncan, Justin, Doug, and Roy! Please see my project thread under the Gen 8/9 forum for pics!

YelloThumbUp YelloThumbUp YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles