Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Can someone check this out...

Sorry I thought I was in the gen 6 forum

I suppose one could check the value of any fuse involved for an amp rating for the circuit

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sorry I thought I was in the gen 6 forum

I suppose one could check the value of any fuse involved for an amp rating for the circuit

Hehe...you know what that is a sign of Dennis...:D....and the circuit was protected by the OEM fuses.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have a 60A ignition switch, so that will handle whatever the system wants to throw at it. I think the standard 12V switch I have will do the trick for the "run" wires as there is nothing fancy about what that switch does and all the draws off that circuit are on relays under the hood.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have a 60A ignition switch, so that will handle whatever the system wants to throw at it. I think the standard 12V switch I have will do the trick for the "run" wires as there is nothing fancy about what that switch does and all the draws off that circuit are on relays under the hood.

That was my point...all you are doing is bypassing the original ignition switch with what you posted...right?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yep literally plugging into the wires re-routing them through my new switches and right back to the ignition switch panel.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yep literally plugging into the wires re-routing them through my new switches and right back to the ignition switch panel.

Then there is no problemo :D

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
SCWEEET! again thanks for all the help brother!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Maybe if i ever get this project done....I can come up and we can play!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Maybe if i ever get this project done....I can come up and we can play!

I don't see that being a problem in the slightest!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Does that GT500 climb rocks?!:wasntme:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Understood

Ford Truck Articles