Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fan Circuit Bug

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I find it hard to believe that the t-bird, being a small car with a V6 engine, a smaller, thinner radiator, and much smaller grille opening would have problem staying cool with the low speed

Wouldn't shock me under extreme heat, pulling a steep grade, loaded to the max.

FTF'er
From your diagram, it appears that the engine temperature switch you are using will switch the current and let it continue to flow down the wire as opposed to a switch with only 1 terminal that will ground through the threads of the switch in the block?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
This is not the type of temp sensor that screws into the block, it is a small switch with a probe that gets shoved through the radiator fins and when the temp rises it closes the switch and allows current flow through.

FTF'er
Ok, give me a while and I'll draw up something that I think should work as you described in your OP.

FTF'er
Eh, that's what I get for not reading the entire post! :headbang: :hammer: 'balls' :rolleyes: After drawing my pic, then reading what fixed it for you, we both had the same idea, lol.

FTF'er

Right on... Simple = Better. I wish I could make it simpler, but I think you have already done that.

I don't have A/C on my 302 Ranger, but I plan to use 2 temp senders that screw into the block to control my Taurus fan. It's kind of a neat circuit since it has to turn off the feed from the low sender when the high sender kicks in because the low sender stays on until the temp drops downs quite a bit. When the high speed shuts off, the low speed starts again.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yup old thread. You can subscribe without responding using thread tools thing. I read the whole thing before I saw the dates lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts