Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Product - LEB 3g Alternator Kit

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
We all know the stock alternator on the 73-79 trucks is complete junk and can barely keep up on a stock truck. When you have aftermarket accessories and need more output from your alternator it is time to upgrade to a 130 amp 3g alternator from LEB. This is a plug and play unit. Simply swap your stock v-groove pulley onto this alternator, bolt on, plug it in and enjoy being able to run your heater and more than one accessory at a time.

1528584_235502949965519_1992968459_n.jpg

1555440_235502953298852_1431604924_n.jpg

$65 for the complete harness. Includes 6 ga power wire, 14 ga excite wire, 175amp fuse and holder

$230 + core for a reman 130amp alternator with harness

$260 no core charge for a new 130amp alternator with harness

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
***UPDATED PRICING AND MORE CHOICES***

We now have a new supplier for our alternators, please check out our updated price list.. better prices, more options!

$64.99 for 130-160 amp harness. Includes 6 ga power wire, 14 ga excite wire, 175amp+ fuse and holder

$184.99 for *NEW* 130 amp alternator* with harness
$214.99 for *NEW* 160 amp alternator* with harness

----------------------------------------------------------

$84.99 for heavy duty 200-270 amp harness. Includes 4ga power wire, 14 ga excite wire, and 250+ amp fuse and holder

$299.99 for *NEW* 200 amp alternator** (heavy duty harness included)
$319.99 for *NEW* 240 amp alternator** (heavy duty harness included)
$339.99 for *NEW* 270 amp alternator** (heavy duty harness included)

One year warranty on all new alternators.
*130-160 amp alternators are 7" distance between mounting holes
**200-270 amp alternators are 8.25" distance between mounting holes

Please allow a 2 week lead time on all alternators. Harnesses ship within 2 business days

Fellro

Staff member
Quick question for you. On my first conversion with this set up, I attempted to put it on my 88. I had the wrong hole spacing, so it didn't work out, but prior to finding that, I attempted to reclock it. It was corroded so bad there was no splitting it. Do you have possibly a way to make it such that the alternator wouldn't need to be reclocked? That would be a lot better for many less skilled or unlucky (like my situation) installers. Something to think about if you don't currently have an option.

SC
I have clocked alternators several times before but I cant think of why you would need to do this with an alternator that is more or less a direct bolt in. They are available with the mounting holes at the 12 and 6 o'clock position and I think I can get them in the 2 and 4 o'clock positions.

Ive done this swap on numerous trucks and have not had the need to use anything but the standard 12 and 6.

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
It was an 88 5.8. The terminal was very close to the mounting bracket. Might be that I had the wrong alternator and the one with the right hole spacing is clocked better? The alternator was from a 95 3.0 Taurus.

SC
If we are junk yard hunting for the alternators we generally try to snag them from a 95 Mustang with the 3.8 or a Taurus with the 3.8. I "think" the 3.0s would have a 95 amp deal.

2 sizes of 3g alternators are available. 7" and 8.25"

Fellro

Staff member
Yep, the 3.0 has the 8.25. It would work fine on my diesel, not so much on my 5.8.

SC
After speaking with Duncan (DNFXDLI) we are going to upgrade the wiring to better handle your new alternators charging ability at no additional charge.

If buying a wiring harness ONLY please specify the amp rating for your alternator. Complete kits will come with the appropriate wiring for the alternator purchased.

Fellro,
we can provide you with a 7" 130 or 160amp alternator if you are interested

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
I appreciate the offer. At this time, I am good with what I have, as long as the connection stays and I don't melt the plug down.. ;)

Something you could do though is make a quick write-up with all this info that we just discussed (alternator sources with the sizing of the alternator found in that source) so that all of that is available for quick reference. I did a lot of searching, and that kind of info was varied and even conflicted, but very much unclear. I also found that the 3.0 isn't even consistent, as it apparently made a difference to be flex fuel or not. If you have such already written, so much the better. Links to your products are also welcome. That would be great if you could do that. Not sure quite where to locate such for the best effect though.

Ford Truck Articles