Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 02-14-2019, 07:00 AM

heavydoc is on a distinguished road
Oh boy and so it begins, I feel like I've seen this build somewhere else

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 AM

heavydoc is on a distinguished road

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by masakimm View Post
Ok you asked for it. So It lets see well it began with my dad letting my little sister steal his festiva and then my festiva and blowing them both up. The truck was down because of a clutch problem and I wasn't fixing it on purpose because my dads leg was bad and he had to pick it up and set it on the clutch pedal. So i asked some friends if he could borrow it. And well he got out in weather he should not have to help my good for nothing little sister who was always getting money out of him and draining him dry. I didn't realize it till he was dead how much i was spending on him cause of what she was taking from him. So While out he hit a patch of ice and spun out and wreaked the driver rear corner all cosmetic stuff nothing bad but enough my only option was the buy the car from my friends. So I ended up with it and eventually started to sell it to a co worker who got tired of his crazy girlfriend and ran off to another state. He left the durango behind and she and her dad tried to hide it from me had to get the cops involved was a real pain in the butt. So in the end it worked out cause he paided me 400 dollars a nice aluminum extension ladder and put 2 new tires on it. when i did finally sell it I sold it for 1200 which is what i gave my friends for it so in the end I came out money ahead. I still see it and talk to the lady that bought it.What funny is we have had a lot of ice this winter and she has spun it out and hit it in the exact same place. some one should have told it does that on ice if u don't use the 4 wheel drive.
So I tried to warn ya but ya had to ask. and this was the condensed version.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

sounds interestin....

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old Yesterday, 12:41 AM

masakimm is on a distinguished road
Ok So back to the build. One of the things I did after my Dad died was decided It need some new wheels.

So this all took place the year my Dad passed Did a few other odd and end things but nothing major. So drove her this way for a while(unfortunately due to a hard drive failure I lost most of my early pics). But towards the end of winter into the spring of 2016. I noticed truck was getting harder to start she smoked more when cold the idle was a little off cold. So I decided to buy a car just to get by while I took 8 to 9 months to fix up the truck.

So I started to tear into her after getting an old junky car for 460 dollars to putt around in while the truck was down. Ripped the front end off of the truck fenders were bad core support left something to be desired. Luckily at the time had room i the shop I work at to have her indoors for all this.

So before all this(remember I said I didn't realize how much I spent on my Dad) Well it was enough I bought a new riding lawn mower and a 4 wheeler for hunting(yap it was that much). But I decided I didn't have enough storage for all the crap I like to carry So got the blue and black box from Lowe's and built a frame for it to sit on that still lets me put full sheets of plywood drywall etc. under it so I don't lose all my bed use. But in placing that box it made it to where my 4 wheeler no longer fit so i devised a plan and built the ramp out of all things tubing salvaged from old atv shipping racks I got from a cycle shop a friend worked at. This allowed the 4 wheeler to be carried and the tailgate to be closed.

So the bed well the bed had seen better days. In its early years it got a fifth wheel dropped on it. They made it look nice with half an inch of bondo. But that was small potatoes to the destruction brought against this poor bed. When my dad was alive he decide to switch from fifth wheel to gooseneck. Well he found a nice flip over ball plate and had a guy he knew start installing it. well the place he worked at where my dad and me drove for in the past fired him before he finished the work. only real problem is he cut out sections of the bed to give him access to mount bars to the frame to give the plate a strong base to bolt to. Well when he got fired he didn't tell us right away and by the time we found out and went looking for the pieces that he cut out and was suppose to reinstall we could not find hide nor hair of them. Then you start packing on rust and bashed in fenders I decided it was time to retire this poor bed. It now has a new life as a scrape bin behind my house. So I know there are holes You can see I have not mentioned well they will come into play later as the build moves forward.

Well the turn over ball my dad had got was nice and all but required a very large hole in the bed and was not my cup of tee. But in the time since my Dad had died I found a guy selling an almost new looking turn over ball hitch for an OBS Ford(I spend way to much time on craigslist). Well he was asking a fair price for it but I didn't want a fair price so I watched it and watched it several months went by and he still had it for sell. Well I decide it was time I contacted him and offered him a real lowball offer figuring we could go back and forth and end up at 100. Well to my surprise he said come and get it for my 75 dollar offer he was tired of dealing with it. One good thing the military has taught me was patience. And this time it paid off for me. Well hopefully I can continue to post these up and get caught up to where I am at now. Until the next update.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.