Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78 bronco

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Ok, so dad used to have a 78 Bronco, and he sold it to a guy who lives down the street... we ran into him today, and brought up maybe buying it back for me to drive... he says he wants $600.

My question is.. he broke the back glass out of it. I checked JBG and Dennis Carpenter, but didn't find anything... I could be over looking it though. Anybody got a clue on how hard they are to put in, where I can find one, and how much they are?

Thanks in advance..

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I think thats going to be a junk yard part bro, I cant recall ever seeing windows for gen 6 Broncos..

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
I THINK if you can find the glass for a newer all you need to do is use the top (from the newr one) as well, but I could be way off on that. Putting emphasis on think and could be way off - there is a ton of info for this type of thing over on Fullsizebronco - but do yourself a favor and search, they aren't as bad as pirate over there or anything but ehh newbies get it a little rough from time to time

My question is.. he broke the back glass out of it. I checked JBG and Dennis Carpenter, but didn't find anything...

Only way JBG would have one is used. Give them a call they might have one laying around. I have a spare in my basement but wouldn't trust shipping it. 4 nuts and bolts are all that hold it in. Remove the inspection cover and remember or take pictures of how the plastic washers go.

just flat glass aint it? Shouldn't be hard to find one really

No, they have a slight curve to them.

I THINK if you can find the glass for a newer all you need to do is use the top (from the newr one) as well

No, the tops are all together different, they won;t even line up with the body. He needs a glass specifically from a 78-79 Bronco. Try FullsizeBronco.com or 7879blueovalbronco.com to locate a used one.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I think thats going to be a junk yard part bro, I cant recall ever seeing windows for gen 6 Broncos..

I was hoping it wouldnt be... :rotz:

Alright, Tyler!!!! Let's smiliegitrdone

Oh, btw... :post pics:

I'll get pics when I go look at it. Not being able to get this rear glass may kill the deal though, sadly.

Tyler, please don't tell me that this is a 400 4.10LS Bronco.

Has a 400, not sure about the gears. There is a paper from when he bought it around here somewhere, I think... that lists all the options and stuff. I'll try to find it.

Only way JBG would have one is used. Give them a call they might have one laying around. I have a spare in my basement but wouldn't trust shipping it. 4 nuts and bolts are all that hold it in. Remove the inspection cover and remember or take pictures of how the plastic washers go.

Alright, good to know there is hope, possibly... I'll try calling them I guess. and I agree on shipping that thing, I doubt it would make it.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
oh dear god. any time during the daytime in a holiday period is horrific. have you taken the bypass or gone straight through. even the bypass is terrible. hell grannies are bout to run you over theyre driving 95 and s***.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts