Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Swap Begins

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well I decided I want the bronco to run good so I started to pull the motor out. I got the upper intake off, and the left valve cover off, just to make sure there wasnt something simple to my cyl #2 no compression. Oh well. Im a pull it all out now. Will post some pics in the am. Damn I dont want to do this lol.

Goin to be swappin in a 93 5.0 HO with 50k on rebuild. I do have GT-40 heads ported and polished and some roller rockers to add if I want to. I was goin to use them on my stang but I think im a go all alumn now.

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
awesome:) good luck pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well was so busy this weekend, all I got done was takin the upper intake off and right valve cover. Ha will do more work during the week.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here is whats ive done so far, everything is off the engine except for the starter, tc nuts, motor mounts, and the bolts that hold it to the trans.
Had to run back to work, and do other things, so I didnt have time to pull it out today. I wanted to get it out, oh well. Ill have to work on it wed. No time tomorrow.
IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
They make more power in the stang, y not give the bronk some more power. And its easier to get a HO caus people are always puttin better motors in stangs. I just got the motor cheap and it was close to where I lived.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
How much for the dizzy of the old motor shipped to 32702? Can you get pics of that oil pressure contraption as well? i wanna see how they did that in great detail.....

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I need the dizzy for my HO, it doesnt have 1. Lol. Was hopin to swap everything. The oil pressure contraption looks to be 1/4 pipe, and then a T, and the stock one is on the bottom, and the one for my aftermarket guage.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Got the motor out today. Had to take the whole exhaust out. Didnt have enough extensions at my house to get to the top bolts. Made it way easier.
Here are some pics.
JR this is the oil pressure contraption lol.
IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

Thermactor block off. Hose with nut filled with JB weld.
IMG_0418.jpg

Anyone in Jersey wanna buy a bronco exhaust. Im will be running long tubes now and Dont think I can use this one now.
IMG_0419.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Thermactor block off. Hose with nut filled with JB weld.
IMG_0418.jpg
Seeing this pic reminds me of the time that the thermactor on my dad's 94 302 caught fire.I don't know how,but it did.It was hilarious.At least it was for me.My dad didn't think it was too funny.

Looks like your making good progress man.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
iono therms somethin or nother...It's part of the emissions system......somethin bout recirculating unburnt exhaust gasses back into the cylinders to help burn fuel more completely instead of wasting it....big rusty pile of crap to me...

Ford Truck Articles