Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford script flatbed drawings

For anyone wanting to build a flatbed for their truck I am working on doing a complete dimensional drawing of a Ford script flatbed. I have a complete original bed for my F-4. Some how over the last 50+ years it has remained in very decent, complete shape including all of the original hardware, nuts, bolts and washers. This is quite amazing because when I bought it about 4 years ago the wood was so rotted most of it turned to dust as we dismantled it to load it onto my trailer. The metal is in very good shape with only a couple of rust throughs in a couple of the cross supports. I only paid $200 for it.

I have the drawings, both in CAD and .pfd formats on my web site. I don't have the drawings completed yet but I will be posting updates as I do them.

http://fatfenderedtrucks.com/flatbed_drawing.html

The drawing is for a 9 foot bed but with the information I have on my site you should be able to scale it up or down to fit your truck. You don't need to follow the drawing to the exact dimension but you should be able to build a bed that's pretty close to the original. It will certainly look more correct than a modern flatbed.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Sweet post Bob, thanks. Saved those for future use. I hope to get going on my 48 F6 grainbox this summer.

Ford Truck Articles