Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bronco MPG

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
So I'm sitting here planning my move home and looking through U-Haul and reading the requirements for pulling their trailers, on of the minimum requirements for the trailer I need is 2700lb Curb weight. Look up the Explorer and it's 4200lbs curb weight.

Then I think, hey lets look up the Bronco, look at the curb weight then the mileage for the rig highway. It's a 32 gal tank and gets around 17mpg highway which adds up to about 544 miles per tank; then I decide to look up the distance between Sacramento, CA and Middleton, ID; and it's... 544 miles...

I know, useless but I thought it ironic that the same Bronco I own gets the miles per tank that I am away from home...

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
That is ironic.

You want somehing reeeeeeally ironic?

I was at the junkyard yesterday and saw a truck with a bumper sticker that said 'Preserve Montana's Clean Air - Stop Toxic Burning'

The truck was there because it caught fire and basically burned to the ground...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Being that it's probably going to be a 5x8 I doubt that the 300-6 would even notice...

Although I forgot to mention that those are stock figures and my Bronco has an Offy intake, Holley Carb, and a Hooker header....

Michigan
Pulling a snowmobile trailer with 2 fourwheelers i dont see but maby 1 mpg change... They pull great. 17 mpg highway is kinda high tho... Ive only gotten around 15 mpg highway on my way to the dunes at 70.. 75-80mph im down to about 13 to 12 lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts