Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bronco II

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Opinions???

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Opinions on what? You buying one??

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I believe there is this wonderful feature called "search".

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I believe there is this wonderful feature called "search".

You must tell me more able this new-fangled gismo you call "search" :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Never driven one but wouldn't turn one down either. If I had some extra cash laying around and came across a decent one I might be tempted. I have seen a few that were done up pretty nice.

I had one, turned it into a bush crasher. I smashed out the gas tank on a rock, took out the bottom end of the t-case on a rock, broke the left side drive shaft, and the rad craddle rusted away so the rad was haning down. Motor ran strong for a 2.8 and I sold it for half the price I bought it for. That little truck pretty much went where I pointed it. I would love to have another for a hunting rig.

daddue11

Missouri Chapter member
I've had 3 B2s since the mid ninties and honestly I wouldn't want to be without one ever again.
I presently own a Corvette a 91 Chevy silverado,a 2002 dodge Ram 1500 4dr 4x4,a Chevy HHR,and My B2,And, out of all of them the B2 is honestly the one that does the most work and is the one that keeps going in conditions that the others can't.
It's an 88 B2 with 2.9 efi,4x4,fm146 tranny(5spd), it gets 23mpg highway and I can pull a 16ft boat and trailer all over the country.
The 02 dodge ram has all that room and power but is a gas hog and hard as hell to get into tight places and manuver it with a trailer.
I can park or manuver my B2 anywhere a compact car can park WITH EASE.
The B2 has been virtually unstopable in the snow and icey conditions in 4x4 mode. Now I must say that a B2 without 4x4 would be and is worthles in muddy,snowy,or icy conditions.Therefore I would not want one that DIDN't have 4wd.
If I was going to use one for just daily commuting in good weather then a 2wd might not be so bad because they are great for parking and tight places like parking lots.
In my opinion you couldn't buy a better small suv or truck for rough conditions.:wavey: :wavey:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Look at your list of vehicles. The one you said you love the best, is unstoppable and you wouldn't be without, is the only Ford of the bunch. That oughta tell you something.

daddue11

Missouri Chapter member
Oh I've always had Fords around,some of my favorites were 62 p.u.,72 LTD with a 460 police interceptor engine,63 tbird,89 full size bronco,and me little Broncoii. I'm just a car and truck person. I like all kinds of vehicles.
Just like women,I've always liked red heads,but,it would be ignorant and quite dull to limit ones self to just that kind of woman,I would have never met the love of my life that way. But I do love my B2.

I drove a Bronco II for 10 years. I have owned 13 vehicles and drove many more. This was my favorite vehicle by far. Just the driveabilty was outstanding! I drive for a living. Private ambulance. At least 250 miles a shift.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1984/90 Bronco II: High ground clearance, short wheelbase can cause them to rollover. Take this into account in high wind conditions and/or when rounding corners.

daddue11 said:
1972 LTD with a 460 police interceptor engine. [confused]

No Galaxie or LTD came w/a 460 until 1973. 1968/72 GAlaxie/LTD: The largest available engine was the 429.

1972: The only Ford vehicle available w/a 460 was the Thunderbird.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts