Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Welcome UTfball68!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I"m guesing you never bought any thing out of junk yards :D

Well not on that truck, besides Dennis Carpenter is only a 20 minute drive from my house. But I do and have frequented local pick-n-pulls. As is, I have 3 almost complete parts trucks sittin behind the sheds at my parents' house.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow... If that were my truck-- I think I would have gotten out, looked at the truck, and started throwing up. It would be like losing my best friend, lol.

Is it sad that my truck is equivalent to a best friend? :rofl:

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Man I can't believe Tyler hasn't run y'all off this TN chapter thread yet. The last time I mistakenly wandered in he told me I wasn't allowed in and that I was a bad influence, but he could have been talking only about me.smiliecrybaby

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow... If that were my truck-- I think I would have gotten out, looked at the truck, and started throwing up. It would be like losing my best friend, lol.

Is it sad that my truck is equivalent to a best friend? :rofl:

Well I didn't throw up, but when I climbed out of my truck, I was so pissed and on such a rampage that no one came near me until my dad got there...and there were about 100 people who stopped and gathered around.

What's really sad is one time my mother asked me that if she was in a wreck and Red was in a wreck at the same time somewhere else who would I go to. I told her, "Mom, first I'll ask if you're gonna live, and if the answer is yes, then I'm going go to Red." And believe me, I meant that.

Any of them Short beds :D

Nope, no shortbeds. But I could bob one for you if you wanted...of course it'll cost you. But I do have an extremely rare 8ft flareside bed...it's just itching to be put on truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Wow i've never heard of such a think..
Hey Ben how much do you think it would cost for a body shop to bob my truck? 5 or 6K area?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Good grief!

I go to get somthing to eat...and I become the most popular person around!

Oh and Robert, Mike, Chris,and Brad...GET OUTTA HERE! smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow i've never heard of such a think..
Hey Ben how much do you think it would cost for a body shop to bob my truck? 5 or 6K area?

ehhh...tough to say. If you came to me, I'd do it for you until the beer supply ran out...haha. But for an actual shop to do it, I've only known one guy to have a shop do it, and iirc they charged him something like 4k. I thought that was a pretty good price...it may sound like an easy job, but it's alot more than just cutting out 18" worth of truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have this weird feeling in the pit of me stomach that I'll never get a short bed.

Oh sir...never say never. If you really want a short bed, come on over my way. You could literally go out on a 20 mile drive and probably see 15-20 dentsides for sale, no exaggeration. Dunno how many of them would be short beds, but the more trucks, the higher the probability. My area is what you would call a high class redneck area. It's a fairly common sight to see a $1,000,000 house with good lookin dentsides out front. It would probably only take me a weekend to find you a shortbed with a good body and would have no problem getting you home, and that would be for less than $4000.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
That's just some thing weird about out here in west Texas you never see short bed trucks I mean nearly ever they are far beyond being rare, I found a 77 Dside it was sitting in a junk yard no wheels bad rust on the bed had a 390 or 360 I can't remember now, but had no glass other then the windshield no grill no bumpers no lights missing most of the wiring harness 6K non negotiable..
The other was one I had found had been frame up restored with a chevy engine 22K and those have been the only ones i've ever seen for sale the other ones i've found the guys wouldn't let them go for the world and I really wish I could say I was exaggerating..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts