Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 1

Generation 1 1948-1952 F1 thru F8

Old 06-13-2018, 07:48 AM

old yella is on a distinguished road
windows

When i bought the truck (1949 F1 ) the drivers door window had a few little cracks in it. Now it has a large one going across the whole thing. I ordered new windows, seems you have to buy them in twos. Anyway can anyone give me info on how to remove and replace the window? I have the panel off but unsure of the correct procedure. Thanks in advance .
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2018, 09:40 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Tim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 PM
Flatheads Forever

mtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond repute
It helps to remove the bolts/nuts that hold the division bar in place. That gives you a little more flex in the system. Division bar is the post between the wing window and the side glass.
Roll the window down far enough to remove the two clips that hold the window channel to the lift arms and push the posts back while supporting the glass/channel. The glass will then drop down into the door. It's fairly heavy for one hand.
Roll the arms back up past the glass and carefully maneuver the glass out the access hole.
You'll probably scrape a few knuckles and loose some blood, but its all part of the game.

Replacement is the reverse.

While the window is out, this is a great time to replace the felt 'wipers' and window track. The track is held in by a couple of flathead screws. A small flat screwdriver is all that is needed.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:18 AM

old yella is on a distinguished road
Thanks Tim,
I just got the windows yesterday and will attempt it this week. I have a model T friend who said he will give me a hand.