Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My find of the year

Just picked this truck up last week, it's a 1967 F-100 shortbed with a rebuilt 300 six engine. The truck was from Tenn. and it is rust free.
Got it for $800.

Picture003.jpg

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
That looks sweet, get some better pictures when you get a chance, looks like you stole that for $800

Shamus

Defector Fidèle
Fantastic score and better price. Congratulations!

EDIT
Closer inspection shows that someone took really good care of that truck. Sweet.

Last edited:
I'm not shure if the 300 is stock or not, I found the work order in the glove box showing that it has be rebuilt and had the clutch replaced in 2006, But the truck hasent been registered since 2003, so the motor is basically brand new.
The only thing that I dont like about the truck is the indy floor shifter that someone installed.

The 300 was standard.. V-8's were considered options.

Dennis, wasn't the 240 six standard in the '67 half ton?

That is why I was asking. I have no clue when they switched from the 240 to the 300.

I like the column shifts for the old 3 speeds myself, but maybe I am slightly prejudiced. Yah...think? :redface:

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i think it's pretty damn good looking... wish i cld find one for that kinda price.. i thought i was doing good to find my motor for $1200 in the nifty thrickel...

got any more pics?

I was sure 1967 was the year of the 300 but then again there were 2 versions of the 240 and 300 for that year (L/C, R/C) so maybe it was 68 or 69 for the 300 to take over. I know it was the standard I6 for camper specials with the 352 V-8 as the other.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Nice find there . Have to travel far to get it ?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nice looking truck. Great deal too.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts