Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HP Fuel Pump

rlw

08 SD350
2008 SD F350 Replaced HP FP 7/11. $3200.00 job. Now 15,512 miles later, fuel pump going crazy, coding 0087. Dealer says need to replace again but will not assist in any way of a break. Advised to to call Ford Huddle to initiate review. Called Ford. They will do absolutely nothing. Another $3200.00 for the same job 18 months later. Wow.

blacksnapon

Staff member
2008 SD F350 Replaced HP FP 7/11. $3200.00 job. Now 15,512 miles later, fuel pump going crazy, coding 0087. Dealer says need to replace again but will not assist in any way of a break. Advised to to call Ford Huddle to initiate review. Called Ford. They will do absolutely nothing. Another $3200.00 for the same job 18 months later. Wow.
Try replacing fuel filters first, then low pressure fuel pump (side of frame, under driver seat)You'd be suprised how many this fixes.

rlw

08 SD350
Thanks, fuel filters were recently replaced at dealer. First time I took it in for this problem a few days ago they said there were no error codes. The check engine light does not come on even though it goes into low power mode. I took it in today while it was running under powered so they could check it. They said there were error codes 0087 in memory but said maybe it wasn't bad enough yet to actually throw the check engine. I don't understand this since it will barely run.
Runs terrible in regen. No so sure regen may be part of the problem sine it ran so bad it died and wouldn't restart for about 15 mins. I drive about 30 miles on interstate everyday but doesn't seem far enough to fully cylce.

Ford Truck Articles