Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fractured Seat bracket

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas...Recently the bracket/frame on the driver's side of Thunder took a crap, so I was wondering what the best way to attack would be. I was leaning towards just getting a junk yard bracket, but not a single junk yard within 45 mins of me has one. So now I think I'll just get it welded back together. I don't think it'll be too difficult to get welded back together, but if it is, anybody know of a parts source for a new one?

Here's the damage:

DSC03268.jpg

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
is it all bent up? Or was it a clean break?
If its all bent up a new one would be easiest...
But if its pretty straight welding would be pretty simple actually.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's pretty straight, the only part that's really bent is the front part that was still hanging on and got a little mangled.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Should be pretty easy to weld up...
Im sure you could take it to a muffler shop or something and they could do it for 20 bucks or so....

Just get it straightened up and ground so they can weld it, and it should be pretty cheap fix....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...thanks Don.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
DANG! That thing looks like its had something really big leaning against it! All kidding aside.....weld it!

HAHA...well that side has been under much abuse. My father sat there for 10 years before it was my truck...and he's a 400 pounder...then the next 3 years of abuse belonged to me at 320lbs. Thanks for the input guys...I figured it was gonna be a quick weld job...I just didn't know if anyone would think it may be a safety hazard and the thing would let go as I'm driving down the road...haha.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
HAHA...well that side has been under much abuse. My father sat there for 10 years before it was my truck...and he's a 400 pounder...then the next 3 years of abuse belonged to me at 320lbs. Thanks for the input guys...I figured it was gonna be a quick weld job...I just didn't know if anyone would think it may be a safety hazard and the thing would let go as I'm driving down the road...haha.

If done right, it should be no more unsafe than original, in fact it might be *stronger*! smiliegitrdone

BTW, good to see you back Ben!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts