Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Electrical issues

Wrong only because it is gasoline and not diesel.
I presumed it as gasoline Doh Me

The complete schematics will be available soon.
all 15 pages.

D

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
Ford uses the red wire with a blue stripe for the starter circuit to the fuse box on your truck.
See this diagram:
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/gallery/data/541/medium/1999_D_F_Start.JPG

I am very sorry some how I was looking at the wrong pin out yesterday and have re-posted it. Please disregard what I said yesterday.
This is the right pin outs (I hope):
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/gallery/data/541/medium/1999_D_F_Ignition_Sw.JPG

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/gallery/data/541/medium/1999_D_F_Ignition_Switch.JPG

That diagram that was posted is wrong for your truck but some of the wires are right.
Email me your email address and I will email you some diagrams for your truck and if you can not read the ones in the links I will email them too.
MY email address is below.
I do not know what he meant buy AUX source, but sometimes it is a power outlet for electronic devices.
I'm really bummed. the red/blue wire has been cut & 2 others spiced in. Isn't that a problem?
2733251880036932923S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It looks like the Gray wire with a yellow stripe was cut into for a power source when the key is in the run position.

The red wire with a blue stripe was cut for some reason and then somebody went to splice it back together it did not reach so they spliced in an extra wire.
This circuit is for the starter motor command to turn so as long as it cranks the engine it may be OK. This wire is dead (no power on it) while the engine is running.

Page 4 showing Red /Blue wire.

Page4.jpg

Page 12.

Page12.jpg

korg70kbc

Okay you're only linking to the thumbnails, so those pictures are really small. Lemme help:

Click "link to it"
upl4401039040.jpg

Here you're choosing the size you want to use, so go ahead and click the 600 for '600 pixels'
upl2212217457.png

Click on the direct link to image link:
upl6269565011.png

Copy and paste that link over here and then surround it in tags like this:

[PLAIN][img]http://inlinethumb58.webshots.com/41849/2733251880036932923S600x600Q85.jpg[/PLAIN]

It'll come out like this:

2733251880036932923S600x600Q85.jpg
BTW, HOW DID U PUT THOSE ARROWS ON THE PICS? IT SURE WOULD MAKE MY LIFE EASIER TO USE THOSE

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you're running a PC, and using Firefox as you're browser, then google "Fireshot". It's a firefox extension that lets you take screenshots and then edit those screenshots on the fly, adding shapes and text boxes before you upload the image to an image hosting website.

korg70kbc

I've Been Afraid To Change Over To Firefox. I Have Ie (argh) Hate It Esp, 2day. Hmmmm Can I Move My Bookmarks To Firefox? I Seem To Remember That Was A Reason I Have'nt Used It Yet

korg70kbc

Thats Funny!! I Thought Maybe It Was The Little Balck Cloud I Carry Overhead!!! Things Come Out Ok, But I Take The Hard Bumpy Road To Get There, Literally, Thats With Everything!!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
After installing Firefox, the first time you start it, it will prompt you automatically and ask if you want to import bookmarks from IE. It's pretty smart :D

all you have to do is copy that url in that box and post it.
it shows up in the form of thumbnail,like this

Last edited:

korg70kbc

Fixed IE

yiphee!!! After fighting :guns: IE all nite & getting MORE:flipoff:
angrier then I should.:headbang:
I now have Firefox!! MUCH BETTER!!!smilieFordlogo
Thanks Chris, now maybe I can put arrows to where I describing:)
Laurie

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts