Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1993 F250 diesel 4x4 farm truck

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1831185910.html

1993 F250 7.3L diesel XLT 4x4 5 spd 290,000 miles runs good and strong, no smoke or blow by hot a/c some rust but not a rust bucket, has done a lot of work in it's life but not beat up.....not brand new either asking 4000.00 but I will not discuss price on the phone. If you want to look, please come by, if you want a better price show me the money when we dicuss the price. I am glad to answer any question you might have

I'm thinking about trying to talk dad in getting this, but the mileage is obviously an issue.. Anything to look at or check out to see what kind of shape the engine and tranny is in?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Not too bad of a truck....and mileage ain't too too bad.......3300 I think is the max I'd offer him...but that's just me and that's also without combing over it.

Yeah, I was thinking closer to 2500 myself as well.. I'm well aware that mileage is isn't as big an issue with diesels, but 300k is still a shitload of miles any tell tell tips that would indicate a possible issue?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
They won't knock unless you put them under load or high rev so try and do that. Pop the oil fill cap and look for excessive blowby, a little is ok but when it's pourin out that may be disconcerting. Pop the radiator cap and let it idle...if it uses the radiator for exhaust...walk away. White smoke and a lagged throttle response could indicate a worn injectorpump. Check the fuel return "hats" for leakage.(not a big deal but it'l give ya something to haggle with) Given that it's a 5speed and supposedly a farm ruck...I'd put it in reverse as much as possible...the reverse gear has a tendency to go out.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
$2500 sounds like a reasonable offer. I know it's a diesel and all but it's still a lot of miles.

That was kinda my thoughts, that and I know how hard a "farm truck" can be worked..

Yeah..

One has a decent engine, but a Shitty body; And the other has a decent body but that's about it..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts