Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How do i wire this???

This is a up coming project.

I want to put a electric fuel pump on my truck.

I want to do a top notch install, with the pump on a relay. So how would i do this so when i turn the key on the pump runs for a second then stops and then when the truck starts the pump runs like normal.

the truck is a 77 Ford if that makes a difference.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Unless you have a computer to drive it, you will have to use a pressure switch.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not any help at all, just curious as to why you're going electric??? IIRC, you'll need to regulate at 6.5psi.

Side note...probably the antithesis of what you want to do, but a while back (college) on the Bronco, I had a fuel eccentric that flat spotted (how, I dunno). Grabbed the cheapest electric pump I could find at the o'reilly's and some wire. I mounted the pump to the inner fender, ran a ground and ran a wire that I wrapped around one of the fuses that was hot when the key was on. Not one of my more eloquent fixes, but it worked. A short time later, I swapped engines and the Holley mechanical fuel pump I had kept blowing seals, so when one blew, I went to the old electric pump...saved alot of headache. And to this day, the electric pump is still there in case of emergencies. In less than 2 minutes, wrap the fuse with the wire and re-route the fuel lines, and I'm good to go.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
So far ive had 1 mechanical pump fail and about 6 electric pumps.

The one on my chevy is still stock...thats a 1975!

The mechanical made it 28 years.

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

Not any help at all, just curious as to why you're going electric??? IIRC, you'll need to regulate at 6.5psi.

I was thinking since i have a performance electric fuel pump why not use it. my mechanical pump was bad out of the box ( i just found that out )

since i need a new fuel pump, i could use the electric one. Since i could never sell it :headbang:

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
I am in need of a performance fuel pump....

Whatcha got/askin?

Btw the proper way to set that up would be with a regulator and return line.

I am in need of a performance fuel pump....

Whatcha got/askin?

Btw the proper way to set that up would be with a regulator and return line.

Holley 12-802-1 110 GPH Blue Electric Fuel Pump with Regulator

The pump was used for 3 months the Regulator never used. i bought the unit 4 years ago. I would take 30.00 for it + what it cost to ship it to you.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM and i will give you my Cell number.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Sent

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts