Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Super N00b... help?

I am purchasing a 2004 f-250 Super Cab 4x4. I have been in the market for a truck for the last few months, but this will be my first truck. The truck is a used fleet truck from a local engineering company, so the interior is a basic XL package. I'm curious as to what my options would be for 'upgrading' the vinyl bench seat to a new, nicer bench (or other seating options). Is the current setup interchangable with an OEM bench from a nicer model of the same year?

I plan on adding a few things to the truck, but this is the first question that popped in my head.

Thanks in advance, y'all.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
First off, welcome to FTF! :wavey:

Second, I'm pretty sure the swap your looking for is relatively simple. Wrecking yards?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I can't speak for the newer trucks but I know for trucks in my generation, the floorboards are pretty much the same and all the different kinds of seats are interchangeable for that vintage. It's in the manufacturers best interest to keep everything the same because it reduces the variations between trucks and therefore reduces manufacturing costs :)

Welcome to FTF! :wavey:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I would think it should bolt right up, and even if it don't it shouldn't be TO hard to get it mounted. Especially if it's around the same year...

If you step outside of the same brand/truck year or style, just measure and make sure everything will fit..

oh! and welcome! :wavey:

I can't speak for the newer trucks but I know for trucks in my generation, the floorboards are pretty much the same and all the different kinds of seats are interchangeable for that vintage. It's in the manufacturers best interest to keep everything the same because it reduces the variations between trucks and therefore reduces manufacturing costs :)

Welcome to FTF! :wavey:

I would think it should bolt right up, and even if it don't it shouldn't be TO hard to get it mounted. Especially if it's around the same year...

If you step outside of the same brand/truck year or style, just measure and make sure everything will fit..

oh! and welcome! :wavey:

We need a "What they said" emoticon. :p

Welcome to FTF. :) :wavey:

You all have just reaffirmed what I was thinking. So stoked. The deal on this truck was unbelievable. Now to just get it nice enough inside to have my wife ride around with me, hahahaha.

Thanks for being so friendly! Stoked to be here, stoked on my new 250!

You all have just reaffirmed what I was thinking. So stoked. The deal on this truck was unbelievable. Now to just get it nice enough inside to have my wife ride around with me, hahahaha.

Thanks for being so friendly! Stoked to be here, stoked on my new 250!

Awesome Chase. Stick around. :)

emtzach

i get paid to do this
smiliewhathesaid hope its diesel and yeah i would def look into some captain chairs with the center box armrest 6 pack holder from 99 or so 350. also believe it or not it only takes one power wire from the fuse panel and a ground for the 6 way power seat to work....... just sayinYelloThumbUp and welcome

smiliewhathesaid hope its diesel and yeah i would def look into some captain chairs with the center box armrest 6 pack holder from 99 or so 350. also believe it or not it only takes one power wire from the fuse panel and a ground for the 6 way power seat to work....... just sayinYelloThumbUp and welcome

Do you mean captain chairs from older 350's will fit also? Thanks for the insight on the power seats, I'm going to look into it.

Ford Truck Articles