Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Women...and an oil change

Soooooo, how many women are there in this FTF SD Gen3 world????
.....and I have way too may recommendations on when to get the first oil change. 5K, 7.5K or wait for the truck to tell me....whats a girl to do here???
2011 6.7L FX4

Welcome to FTF, CLR1314!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Soooooo, how many women are there in this FTF SD Gen3 world????
.....and I have way too may recommendations on when to get the first oil change. 5K, 7.5K or wait for the truck to tell me....whats a girl to do here???
2011 6.7L FX4
My advice....I've never seen one burned up from too many oil changes. Depending on how you drive, 5k to 7.5k. Establish a "relationship" with your dealer and you'll end up with better long term service. If you have any lingering questions, ask here.

Appreciate the quick reply....tomorrows number one 'to do' is make the first move in establishing the 'relationship'....scheduling a date....thanks again.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
find a dealership you can truthfully trust...

some dealerships or any auto related place will take advantage of women.

but the truly GREAT shops or car lots, are the ones who dont.. and you'll know pretty quickly as long as ya pay attention to how they answer your questions.

dont just go to the nearest one if you need to. you may have to go to a dealership 20-50 miles away to find the "right" one.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
At the auto shop I work, we rec this, 3k on gas engines normal oil, 5k on full syn, 5k on diesels. That seems to work for us, then the 30, 60, 90, 120k serivces, trans/tcase every 30k, diffs every 60, diesel fuel filters every 10-15k, we have bbaaadddd diesel over where I live

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Welcome to FTF,Keep in mind if you live in an area where climate temps change dramaticly,summer to winter for example,change the oil seasonaly 3.000 miles is a good rule of thumb,no more than 5,000.the trick here is to get the old oil out while it is faily clean,if that makes any sense to you,but to an engine person it does,you dont get the sludge buildup & the inside of the engine stays clean & wear is signifigantly reduced.7500 is way to long to wait.grant it it is stated in the owners manuals of many manufactors,but heck they want to sell you a vehicle to every three yrs also.dont do it.ive had to work on many sludged engines in my time just from that neglect & it can get pricy to correct or in severe cases cost you a motor.changing at 3-5k is cheap insurance & will prolong internal wear.I do recomend synthetic if you can afford it.especially on todays engines,it clings to moving parts that conventional oils dont & prevents dry starting which usualy occurs when the vehicle sits overnite.

I know this is an older post and I'm just a 'kid' so what would I know. But this advise came to me from an old and wise Gentleman. IF! A service person ever closes your vehicles door with his foot? Look elsewhere to have your work done.

Ford Truck Articles