Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351M problems

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Btw....it would have been stroked to 400 rather than bored. You are limited to 60 thou overbore on these blocks.

They would have used a 400 crank :)

I really have no idea about anything on this truck. I bought it off a friend who was got it the same day he sold it to me. I'm pretty sure the motor sat and I'm also sure that nothing was changed on it once it was put in the 86 body. Its a whole mess of headaches but once I get into it, Itll still be a great truck.

okay then start from the ground up

-pull the carb, take the number the on the chock horn to the autoparts store and have them get a rebuild kit ($30-$40) and refresh the carb, and put it back on. take note of the jet size thats in the carb right now and write it down in case more tuning is needed later.
-if the truck starts and idles after the carb refesh, pull the disturber cab and make sure the advance arms are still free. and then set the base timing
-i think a carter fuel pump for 351/400 ran me about 15 bucks last time, might as well just change that and put a filter like fram g2 before and after the pump.

shotgunning the problem with some cheap parts might just be the trick and worth while if the truck was sitting.

Yeah. It's got a bunch of major work to be done to it. Like C6 transmission and driveshafts. But I want to get the engine stable and running with charging capabilities before I get into more expensive things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that doesn't make sense was that I shortened the hose between the fuel filter and carb and it ran like a dream. Then the next day it didn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts