Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Blue spring upgrade

When did the blue spring upgrade come out? I want to do it to my truck but I was thinking. Ford replaced 2 injectors a couple of years ago. Would they have automatically done the upgrade at the dealership when they fixed the injectors? Is there any way to check wothout taking it apart and looking inside?

blacksnapon

Staff member
When did the blue spring upgrade come out? I want to do it to my truck but I was thinking. Ford replaced 2 injectors a couple of years ago. Would they have automatically done the upgrade at the dealership when they fixed the injectors? Is there any way to check wothout taking it apart and looking inside?
There is no reason to automatically replace the spring unless there was a discrepancy in fuel pressure. It is good practice to check fuel pressure (especially with one that has repeat injector failures).

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I did the upgrade on the Ex when I had a slight fuel leak. The local dealership had it in stock with the gasket (which is what I really needed.)

Upgrade took me about 2 hours in my driveway.

I could feel the difference in throtle response immediatly.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts