Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

had to laugh

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Met Dad and his wife for lunch today, and Dad brought his new car.

We were discussing the fact that after 45 years of driving, and 37 years after his first new-car purchase, this is the first time he's ever had electric windows. He ain't exactly thrilled about them, either.

It's still a standard shift, though.

We also discussed the fact that his parents first car with electric windows was a '57 Imperial they got in about 1960- which was also their last car with electric windows. Also their only car with an automatic transmission until they bought Grandma's sister's car in about 2003.

I might be a bit of a Luddite, but I come by it honestly.

(He bought a '14 Fiesta hatchback, to replace an '07 Focus. It's a nice-driving little car- he considered another Focus, but decided he preferred this one. I think I'd have gone for the Focus just to have a little extra room- Dad and I are close enough to the same size we can wear each other's suits, but I seem to need more space behind the wheel than he does. [confused])

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah...Dad's car has Bluetooth, but he can't figure out how to connect it to his landline.

(I'm kidding, of course- but he has never had a cell phone. Neither has his brother.)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I don't have enough service for it to ring inside my house, which is nice.

Unless I want to talk to somebody...I have to drive down into town and talk from the truck.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
This gave me a chuckle :D

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Haha, it's genetic for you, which is fair enough.

They probably quit making rotary dials for the car anyway.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts