Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How to get oil out of your hair

I feel like an idiot for posting this... :rofl:

So I decided to change my Thunderbird's oil earlier, wanted to get it done before school started back up. I managed to make a mess on my garage floor getting my oil filter loosened up (The filter's pretty hidden) and before I knew it, I was laying in a puddle of oil :headbang:

Anyone know of a good product to get good ol' 5w30 out of hair? I've had to wash my hair 3x with Pert Plus. :rolleyes: Tommorow's going to be a hat-day for sure. :rofl:

Dawn Dishwashing liquid. won't hurt your hair and gets grease "out of the way".
If you are prone to "flyaway (dry) hair" you might want to use conditioner afterwards.

What the hell do you know about flyaway hair?......Oh, I forgot about the hairstyle you used to sport, "back in the day"...smiliestirthepot

What the hell do you know about flyaway hair?......Oh, I forgot about the hairstyle you used to sport, "back in the day"...smiliestirthepot

Yep, just like the COLOR you used to sport, "back in the day", only mine STILL grows and yours just "glows"

gasoline, soak generously, then light a cigarette and wait. Guaranteed to make the oil the least of your worries.smilietease smilieeatndrink

Hair spray works too... just ask Richard Pryor or Michael Jackson.

Baby oil works on paint. The painter where I used to work told me that when we started painting cars. He always got paint in his hair, even with the hoods. It works.

This was an industrial steel fabrication shop.

It works on oil and a lot of other things too (trans fluid, etc.). Does not seem to damage the hair. Just wash with normal shampoo a couple of times afterward.

Fellro

Staff member
Dawn Dishwashing liquid. won't hurt your hair and gets grease "out of the way".
If you are prone to "flyaway (dry) hair" you might want to use conditioner afterwards.

smilieIagree Done that more than a few times over the years...

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Hey... this is a serious issue... and you guys are making fun of it.

Everyone knows that you just shave your head like the picture below to get oil out one's hair!!! Don't see any oil on her do you... so it does work!!!!
You guy need to get serious - 'biteme'

Attachments

• Bald Haircut.jpg

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
I feel like an idiot for posting this... :rofl:

So I decided to change my Thunderbird's oil earlier, wanted to get it done before school started back up. I managed to make a mess on my garage floor getting my oil filter loosened up (The filter's pretty hidden) and before I knew it, I was laying in a puddle of oil :headbang:

Anyone know of a good product to get good ol' 5w30 out of hair? I've had to wash my hair 3x with Pert Plus. :rolleyes: Tommorow's going to be a hat-day for sure. :rofl:

First, go get some Go-Jo that DOESN'T have the pumice in it. Work it into your hair, then rinse. THEN get you some Herbal Essence for normal to oily hair, or Suave, for normal to oily hair, and give it about three good runs. That ought to get it clean. Wash it one more time with your Pert, or use a good conditioner after that, and you should be good to go

You think 5w30 is bad............I got doused with about 10 gallons of crude oil........straight out of a storage tank.......but that got it out........

Gunner

I've used the dawn for my hair probably hundreds of times, lol... All too often getting everything from Diesel in it ( or my clothes, btw) to Fifth wheel grease (I'll stack that crap against any crude, anyday, LOL)

Ford Truck Articles