Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need some info from the ford gurus

Hey all, I need some info from you all. Can anyone tell me what block the triton V-10 was based off and if I need to replace the transmission, does it have to be strictly from a V-10? Or is that something the local salvage yard is feeding me to get more money for one?

OK, but does that mean that the v-10 uses a special bolt pattern or can I get one and change something in the transmission? Mine has a bad bearing somewhere and I have looked at rebuild kits but, I don't see the bearings I need. Don't know if they come with it or if it is something I need to purchase separately. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I believe the trans that was used on v10s was the 4r100 trans and it was also used on the 5.4s. But as far as the torque converter goes I'm not sure if it was specific to the V10 or not. The bolt pattern should be the same as the V8s. The 5.4 is a Windsor block and I'm pretty sure the 6.8 is too. It is pretty much a 5.4 with 2 extra cylinders if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts