Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Off-Road

Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 PM

cbr600rrguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragogt View Post
Ooooo Good question Ben..

" A Cromo 35 spline 60 is supposed to a strong as a Stock 2.5 rock "

Sure looks likes it..

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=305671 car accessories
, wow that front pinion got torrrnnn up!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 PM

Proeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfball68 View Post
^^^Awesome. From that read though...doesn't seem to be many if any cost effective or logical middle ground.
Well, I've got your middle ground but I don't know if you'd call it cost effective.

35 spline chromoly D60 shafts are stronger than factory 2.5 rockwell shafts. Match the shafts with high end joints (ctm or similar), truss the housing, and you are in good shape. Want to make the ultimate light weight high strength axle? Replace the factory knuckles with some like the Cranes. Now your limiting factor compared to the rocks are pinion and gear size...but properly setup folks aren't typically destroying those.

I haven't moved up in axles because at this point, a 2.5 wouldn't be much of an upgrade...and unless I wanted the beef of a 5 ton I'd have to sink a ton of cash into the 2.5. 5 tons are just giant pigs, so I think when I to upgrade, I'll look at the F106/planetary setup.

edit: What I've always really lusted after are U-1330s. Strong as hell, high clearance, internal brakes...awesome. Parts availability is practically non existent over here though

Last edited by Proeliator; 07-12-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Texas Chapter member

dragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond reputedragogt has a reputation beyond repute
That'd be what about 8 grand for a set not counting axles??

Also

Whats your take on the Corp 14b?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflfreak43 View Post
wjhat thee t**** man why you selllinh i kanat beleieve yyeou let tus talkak you ittno the ef 6 00 project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F 150Cobra View Post
you are more confused than a chameleon in a box of skittles
'97 F250 LD 5.4 Auto

'91 Ranger XLT under who knows what construction.

'86 Ranger XL under who knows what construction.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Proeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of lightProeliator is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragogt View Post
That'd be what about 8 grand for a set not counting axles??

Also

Whats your take on the Corp 14b?
Yea, they aren't cheap.

If I was sticking with one tons, and already had a corporate 14 I wouldn't swap it out.

However, I wouldn't swap one in, either. I'd rather go dana 70, particularly a U model because they are basically a shaved one ton factory axle.