Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Is there a fix...Vince???

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So Bailee's Edge (2007) started shifting funny earlier this week, added 2 quarts of mercon 5...and was back in business. Realized I was about 15-20k beyond service interval, so chalked it up to burn off and old fluid. Drained it today and filled and inspected. And I think it's seeping at the seam. I've read that people have no issues as long as you follow the service interval on up to it leads to adding a quart of fluid every 3 days. Now I'm sure the local ford dealer would love to assist, but I'm not sure my wallet agrees.

image5.jpeg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
My grandmother's 08 has similar issues, though no leak. Can't nail a trend with it acting up since I don't have much seat time in it.

Oh, and be glad you don't have the 20" wheels... $235/piece for Michelin tires at cost!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think that drip at the end is just residual from a small spill filling up. But that seam across the bottom was 'wet' before I wiped it down. Gonna run it a couple days and see if there are any more witness marks.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Pretty much if that seam is leaking, it will mean busting the case in half and re-sealing. Other than electronic issues, there haven't been a lot of issues with them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...thanks. Doubt it's a cheap fix...so some JBKwik might find its way there if it gets too bad...haha

Ford Truck Articles