Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4" lift

I was wondering if any one could help me out by telling me if i buy a 4" rough country suspension lift kit for my 1974 ford f100 what other mods would i have to do to make this work? I just want to make sure that everything i need is in the kit its 4wd and i already have 35" tires on the truck.smilieFordlogo Thanks!!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Off the top of my head, extended brake lines, steering correction (dropped pitman arm......well possibly upgrade to the 78-79 steering linkage), and longer shocks if they're not included.

I may be missing some items but I'm sure that others will chime in with what I missed.

FYI, Rough Country kits are known to ride a bit, well, rough.

Thanks for your help the shocks are included with the kit so im not looking at to much extra money do you know where i could find a dropped pitman arm for this year of truck?? Thanks for your help!!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
For the least amount of money try eBay.

But as I said the 78-79 f150 steering is much better.

The 77 and older trucks use a different style of pitman arm to drag link connection, and a dropped one of those may be hard to find.

I'd hit up some junkyards for the updated steering setup, be sure to replace whatever tie-rod ends/steering links that are bad. With a lift kit and the added addition of larger tires you'll want new parts in the front end.

You're driving an almost 40 year old truck, I can be sure in saying that there are some worn out parts in your truck.

Steering is no place to cut corners and save money.

I will definetley check out the junk yards and i already have bigger tires on the truck now so far so good its also been sitting since 85 and drove for the first time about 4 months ago

I will keep you up dated i will probably be doing the lift around mid to the end of june if you can wait that long for pictureshttp://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/images/smilies/smiliecrybaby2.gif

Ford Truck Articles