Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dad's 79 F-250 build thread

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
I would like to try and save the cab. But as you can see it's probably not possible. So the search is on for a half ton 2wd donor truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Looks like a heck of a project. Nice to see another truck saved from completely rotting away beyond no return. I have seen other build threads where people have saved cabs that looked like they couldn't be fixed, however, even if you could find a cab with bad cab corners or floor pans, you still would be ahead than what your current cab looks like.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Looks like a heck of a project. Nice to see another truck saved from completely rotting away beyond no return. I have seen other build threads where people have saved cabs that looked like they couldn't be fixed, however, even if you could find a cab with bad cab corners or floor pans, you still would be ahead than what your current cab looks like.

I agree. My Dad bought that truck when I was a baby. With both Mom and Dad being gone now, It doesn't seem right to scrap it.

How do you like that 521 in your beautiful 77? I want to build a Stroker motor for my hold truck. I have some questions about it.

Thank
Mike

Thats a heck of a job!...Thats going to take alot of man hrs.
It should be a joy though to bring that back to life,you will have a
better bond with it when your finished...smilieFordlogo

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
219ae82fddcdc95a8d652ef5c0add21f.jpg

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Update

Dad's truck kinda got pushed to the back a little bit. I am long out of the army now settled into a beautiful home with my awesome wife. We just added a new baby boy to the crew. His big bother is excited!

Anyways. The 79 spent its first night in a garage in probably 30 years. We moved it from my brothers house down to mine so we can make some progress over the winter.
I really want to save the cab. I know it will be a lot of work. Does anyone have a link to a thread on here with heavy rust repair on this style of cab?

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Awesome story!

Glad to hear you are finally going to get to make some progress. Keep us posted!

Not sure about a body repair thread.

I do think you can get just about any body panel you need to repair the cab.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
I've made the call I'm going to try and save the cab.
d24d21e42e52a9d40cc8bf4541acf9c7.jpg

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
It's going to be nice this weekend. Thinking about pulling the 79 out of the garage and getting some of that old paint off. What have you guys been using for getting the paint off?

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
IMG_0064.JPG

Ford Truck Articles