Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1959 Ford F100 restomod build pics

Just wanted to post some pics of the 1959 f100 short bed I've been building. I used a totaled 95 crown Vic undercover police interceptor as the doner. The frame was scratch built and incorporated the front and rear suspension off the Vic. Used the 4.6 fuelinjected v8. Chopped the wire harness down 50lbs to bare minimum. Used the 8.8 rear with 373 gears, shortened 5" alum driveshaft and 4 wheel disk brakes. Eliminated the anti locks and added line locks up front. I believe this to be the first pancake job or hood chop of a 57-60 ford f100. Check out the gap over the grill and under the hood. Narrowed the front bumper by 6"too. Not quite a rat rod. Not quite a restomod. Google image: Lucky Red 1959 ford f100 or f100 hood chop for better images and follow the pics to their origin for detailed descriptions. Not sure why I can't post high res or multiple pics here. What do you think, paint it or leave it ratty? This is where I am at the moment:
View attachment 4104
View attachment 4105
image.jpg

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm a purist myself, but I REALLY appreciate the amount of work that went into that project. I got to help a fellow coworker build up a '54 International pickup from the ground up. He did everything himself, including the paint job. So, I am in awe of people that can do that. Kudos!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Very nice truck!

Ford Truck Articles