Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Getting rid of heavy cigarette smell

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks like most have touched on it, but the best method is to simply clean all of the interior surfaces.

An ozone machine will work wonders for eliminating anything that remains trapped in textiles as well as in the dash and ventilation system.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
friend of mine that details used cars when they come in from trade ins said they use an air ionizer to get rid of those smells.. supposedly pretty good..

Looks like most have touched on it, but the best method is to simply clean all of the interior surfaces.

An ozone machine will work wonders for eliminating anything that remains trapped in textiles as well as in the dash and ventilation system.

Gahh thats what i was thinking of.. keep thinking its an ionizer but its the ozone machine Austin mentioned..

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I used to get these cups from Napa that created an ozone in the interior and let it set overnight with the windows and doors closed. The next morning open the doors and let it air out for a few hours. No more smell in it after that. I used these cups in ND oil field. The fowl operators would piss in the cabs of rented machines. The smell was horrible. And it eliminated those smells. Wish I could remember the name of them. They were about the size of a Ramon soup cup. Word of caution set it on piece of wood or metal, the cup gets hot when you mix the components to start the chemical reaction.

Ford Truck Articles