Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351c in a 79

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
If it is a manual you would need a smallblock bellhousing. If auto you need a new trans. for a smallblock.

Fellro

Staff member
I have used it too... took out a 460 that was smoking nicely to put the Cummins in.

Fellro

Staff member
That will keep you busy for a while if you go that route... Lots of computer work to figure out.

Indeed. Tons of electrical requirements on that engine but if you can find a complete donor truck, you should be able to pull everything you need to make it run in the older truck. Mounting and driveline will be a challenge though.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I actually have thought about shorting the frame on the 96 F350 and mounting the Bronco body on it. That will give me Dana 60 front, 10.25 rear, 7.3 powerstroke w/ 5 speed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I actually have thought about shorting the frame on the 96 F350 and mounting the Bronco body on it. That will give me Dana 60 front, 10.25 rear, 7.3 powerstroke w/ 5 speed.

Not gonna lie...that would be pretty awesome. There's actually a wrecked 97 350 4x4 on nc4x4 right now. The front end was crunched, but no structural damage. He's parting it out...but I'm sure he'd sell as a whole.

Ford Truck Articles