Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

300's

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
whats the deal with the awsome 300,every time i get a good one and put it up for a year or 2 the dang things always seize up? got one on the stand with 50,000 miles thats tight as a drum. got'er soakin in a kroil bath to free it up by summer

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
What are your plans for it?

im gona pull the injection junk off it and put it in a 79 f250 super cab 8ft bed with a 4speed for my oldest kid to drive as a winter beater. i dont want him to drive my old 71 i gave last year for christmas in the road salt. ive gathered more parts then i need over the last few years for almost no $$. i gota do somthin with all this stuff,that way my junk row will thin out.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
oh did ford do anything dumb with the 300 like they did with a 302 and change the balence? like woulda balencer and fly wheel off a 80 and older engine work on this 90 300

im gona pull the injection junk off it and put it in a 79 f250 super cab 8ft bed with a 4speed for my oldest kid to drive as a winter beater. i dont want him to drive my old 71 i gave last year for christmas in the road salt. ive gathered more parts then i need over the last few years for almost no $$. i gota do somthin with all this stuff,that way my junk row will thin out.

Right on. :cooldude:

Ah yes the 300 I-6. Nothing like having to take the Lewiston hill in 2nd gear because of a complete lack of power.

Awesome engines indeed.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
ya they are awsome. ive never ben able to blow one up and they last forever. i got this one broke loose,only took a 6 ft pipe on the breaker bar to do it and a 24 hour soak in kroil. #3 cyl is kinda rusty but the rest you can still see the hone marks! she'll run

Ford Truck Articles