Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It's spring, is anyone doing anything?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Sound like things r getting done. Goto love it .

Don't push yourself to hard now, Brian!

I can't push myself too hard. All I have done today is clean the bottom of the greasy engine, trans, and frame with castrol super clean. Oh..and rake the huge pile of leaves and pine needles out of the bed. :redface:

The shocks that were on it were horrible. Even as weak as I am, I could collapse them easily. They eventually (extremely slowly) returned to full length if I left them laying there.

I need to install the rear ones when I can. They are all Monroe (sensa-trac front-gas magnums rear). I could not afford bilsteins or some other fancy brand.

Just need to take the day off.

It is drivable now. Just need someone to get it off the blocks (rail road tie blocks) for me. I can't maneuver the big floor jack out in the gravel.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The shocks that were on it were horrible.

I need to install the rear ones when I can. They are all Monroe (sensa-trac front-gas magnums rear). I could not afford bilsteins or some other fancy brand.

Just need to take the day off.

It is drivable now. Just need someone to get it off the blocks (rail road tie blocks) for me. I can't maneuver the big floor jack out in the gravel.

The Monroe r all I use now . After many trucks and pricey shocks I found the higher price does not alway pay for the road trucks .

Yes..these are the same model shocks I put on my 89 ranger probably in 97 or so. They are still on there (brothers truck now), so I guess they held up fine.

Today has been...interesting. :suspicious:

Dad helped me get the front end off of the blocks. Then we jacked up the back half. When I crawled under...I realized we never installed the poly-liners in one of the spring packs back there. OOPS! :redface:

I unbolted everything and dad lifted the pack out and onto some horses for me. I took it apart, cut the poly-liners to length, and it started raining. I can't afford to get sick right now, so I just picked up the tools and came in.

I am waiting the rain out now. I doubt I get to drive it to town tomorrow with it in pieces and it raining. :(

Hmm...dad hurt his back and has been asleep all afternoon. :(

I finished assembling the spring pack and installed it (that hurt!-ouch!). I then installed the rear shocks. It is all done (for this time) and back on the ground. If the weather permits, I will drive it doing my errands in town tomorrow. Then Tuesday night is the club meeting out at the top of Norfork Dam (pavillion).

Mom operated the jack for me.YelloThumbUp Lifting the spring pack was too much, but I didn't have much choice.

Oh..remember what I said about the front shocks? The rear ones were a little harder to collapse, but they never have popped back out. :suspicious:

If I ever get some Bronco II sway bars (front and rear)..this thing should handle pretty good.

Got the gauge cluster back this week. Unfortunately they forgot to put the red plastic for the high-beam indicator in place. The shop is going to mail it to me but I think I will install the gauges tomorrow anyway. Not like I drive the pickup a lot after dark anyway, let alone where I need the high beams.

Here is a "before" pic:
tank14-1.jpg

And here is an "after" pic:
tank14-2.jpg

Were they able to reproduce the criss cross pattern in the biege field? I couldn't tell from the second picture. I've been trying to figure out a way to do it but haven't found a way to do it yet.

No, there is no longer a crisscross pattern, just solid. I got it installed today and drove the pickup a bit, so the 2 miles are back and then some. Plan on driving it to work tomorrow, too. :)

I wonder how they put the criss cross pattern on at the factory. I wonder if they painted it and then ran some kind of roller over it of stamped it with a die of some sort. I doubt it was a appliqué of some sort.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I wish I could get him or my brother interested in it. That would help immensely.
I don't have a brother But agent orange set in my dad about 15 yrs ago so he can hardly walk well most days . He was a 60 dragracer ,worked om heavy equipment and truck for years and know how to do things. But u know its easy to show than tell some times. I feel really bad .

I wonder how they put the criss cross pattern on at the factory. I wonder if they painted it and then ran some kind of roller over it of stamped it with a die of some sort. I doubt it was a appliqué of some sort.

I do not know what the pattern looked like exactly, but I have seen painters (on tv) do some wild things. One guy (painting bike gas tanks) stretched some sort of fish net over the tank and painted it a second color. It had a cool criss-cross patern on the finished tank.

I don't have a brother But agent orange set in my dad about 15 yrs ago so he can hardly walk well most days . He was a 60 dragracer ,worked om heavy equipment and truck for years and know how to do things. But u know its easy to show than tell some times. I feel really bad .

Sorry to hear that about your dad. Hopefully, you can talk vehicles with him. You will learn a lot just by talking. I know...not the same.....:(

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Nope . He used to set up all the tri carb set ups . I wish I could get a set up for him to show me.

He had the dual carb 427 66 Fairlane I remeber it as a kid.

Ford Truck Articles