Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need help with power windows

Well....actually....the door windows, sliding power rear, radio and reading lights all do not work. Not sure what happened. Noticed the problem after I was replacing dome light bulbs. I looked at the obvious fuses and circuit breakers inside the truck and all check good. I tested the fuse box itself and found that the 30A CB for power windows spot has no hot with key on.....the radio start 5A mini fuse spot has no power. The radio main 20A spot lights up. The radio shows the clock, but no mechanical operation. Don't understand why the switched reading lights don't work when the dome lights do work....both front and rear. Same power source from what I can see. I checked the delayed accessory relay and fuse. They check good. I have run out of ideas, since I do not have a wiring diagram manual....until it gets here next week. Seems there must be another relay or control module of some kind somewhere that I don't know about. Any help is appreciated.

Truck is a 2004 F350 SD Lariat 6.0/auto CC/LB/DRW

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well....actually....the door windows, sliding power rear, radio and reading lights all do not work. Not sure what happened. Noticed the problem after I was replacing dome light bulbs. I looked at the obvious fuses and circuit breakers inside the truck and all check good. I tested the fuse box itself and found that the 30A CB for power windows spot has no hot with key on.....the radio start 5A mini fuse spot has no power. The radio main 20A spot lights up. The radio shows the clock, but no mechanical operation. Don't understand why the switched reading lights don't work when the dome lights do work....both front and rear. Same power source from what I can see. I checked the delayed accessory relay and fuse. They check good. I have run out of ideas, since I do not have a wiring diagram manual....until it gets here next week. Seems there must be another relay or control module of some kind somewhere that I don't know about. Any help is appreciated.

Truck is a 2004 F350 SD Lariat 6.0/auto CC/LB/DRW
Check connector 220c (rear of the instrument cluster). Everything that you mentioned inop, is fed through the cluster. The battery saver and interior lamp relays are in the cluster along with a microprocessor that is fed by the main light switch.

Thanks everyone for their input. Now that I see the diagram ( thanks Mil1ion ) it makes more sense. Thank you blacksnapon for giving me a starting point. Just got my manual today too...so that should help. Interesting to note that recently I replaced the light switch. Also have noticed that the operating switches for windows do not illuminate. The switch cluster for the 4x4 shift on the fly, rear sliding window and reverse bumper sensors ( whatever the proper name is ) are all functional, but the illumination for the 4x4 switch is out. Guess I will be pulling the dash apart this weekend.

Finally got to the dash this afternoon and removed the instrument cluster to get to the C220c connector. Good call blacksnapon. Found pin #11 cold. Manual said that #11 should be continuous hot with overload protection. Pin #11 is on circuit #705 that traced back to fuse F2.41 in the main junction box. That fuse is the 10amp for the battery saver relay...obviously blown. Changed out the fuse and all is good again. Thanks again for the help...much appreciated.

Ford Truck Articles