Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

(Update) HI-PO Ford Truck LED Full Gauge Conversion kit

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Thanks Tex, this has inspired me to do this to my truck. What paint did you use to repaint your gauges? As I am looking to do this soon, and I dont know what to use :)
Every thing you need is all right here.
http://www.hipoparts.com/index.php?cPath=74_76_79

Also wouldnt rubbing alcohol work better than vinegar ? Rubbing Alcohol anything from 50%-70% is very user friendly with LCD/Computer parts and all that good stuff. or would it rip the paint off too much?

No I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol! Isopropyl is very rough on old plastics it will eat every thing.
I use white Vinegar because its acidic and will only affect the copper and brass connections.
THe paint I used was just Krylon Fusion Plastic paint, only use white no other color.
And most of all and I can't stress this any more! be very gentle handling the gauges and the housing and you will be fine..

I guess my response didn't go through last night so,

What about the black on the gauges? What did you use to repaint those or did you? Mine i'd like to repaint. I see that you said Krylon Fusion Plastic paint, but no other color than white...

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I guess my response didn't go through last night so,

What about the black on the gauges? What did you use to repaint those or did you? Mine i'd like to repaint. I see that you said Krylon Fusion Plastic paint, but no other color than white...

Do you mean the gauge face's!?
No there is no easy way to repaint the whole gauge face..
You can get a after market skin for them....
Yeah don't paint the housing any other color..

Do you mean the gauge face's!?
No there is no easy way to repaint the whole gauge face..
You can get a after market skin for them....
Yeah don't paint the housing any other color..

Dang, mine is really eh I suppose. After market faceplate ok, I wasnt planning on painting the house any other color. I might buy one from pull and save and practice on it lol. Thanks

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
So say you Tex....I'd like to do this to my truck though...

Find out what kind of bulbs your dash takes, then call Bill at Hi-po and he should be able to get you all the bulbs you need.
now remember your gauges are "back lit".
So its going to a look a little less dramatic then mine.
but hte LEDs will be multiple times brighter :)

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts