Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Diamond Plate tool box in rear

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Howdy all...just had a quick question for you guys. Has anyone here mounted a diamond plate tool box in the rear of your Bronco? I'm getting sick of hauling my tool box(es) back and forth to my rig, or packing them up (when I leave school), or rattling, tipping over, or just having loose tools in my Bronco. The reason I ask is my dad has a diamond plate box that he had mounted to a flatbed he sold, and he told me I can have it. I got a quick glimpse of it and I believe the dimensions are something like 3.5'x2.5'x2'. I'm not even sure it'll mount the way I would want it, but at least then I could keep the essentials on me instead of hauling everything back and forth. So if anyone has done this, let me know what size box you went with, how you decided to mount it and where, and if you have any pics that would be great. Thanks for any input.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet Niblets expyman, I like that...I may just have to use your design as a starting point. I may expand it to my entire cargo area and have it be like a 'false floor' kinda thing. Thanks

Sweet Niblets expyman, I like that...I may just have to use your design as a starting point. I may expand it to my entire cargo area and have it be like a 'false floor' kinda thing. Thanks

yeah, just that front part is the only open area...but keep in mind, not sure how much haulin you do, but you do lose roughly 4" of cargo height.

and because i'm a cheap S.O.B......lol, i just used whatever scrap wood i had layin around...that and i stole the mercury switched hood light from my engine compartment, so at night....ya lift the lid and ya can see what you're looking for....:D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What about a small (but still full-size) truck box like the one I've got:

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

As you can see there's a little bit of room leftover on the sides... Not sure if something like would fit in your truck. Perhaps a Ranger tool box?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Thats what i was thinking a tool box for the smaller truck?
One that sits in the bed, i have one similar to skan, but its not diamond plate, i say take some measurements and see what you come up with...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Chris...that's the exact type that my dad has, just not quite as big, probably only 2/3 that size. I think I may just take it and fool around with it a while til I find a space I like it...and if I don't use, I can always give it back to my dad.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Maybe mount it up against the tail gate?
If i recall correctly there should be some space between the wheel wells and the tail gate?
Give you easy access and it should be small enough that you could reach over it to put stuff behind it if need be. Also make for a handy storage compartment, when tools and what not arent in it.

Michigan
TSC has them as well. A bit pricey but they look nice!

Ford Truck Articles