Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

01 F350 5.4L won't start

Hi Guys-

I am new so be patient. Over the past several weeks there has been occasions of not starting periodically (cranks good). Most of the time starts normal. Today it only cranks and now the battery is low. Suggestions?? Could it be the CMP sensor..if so where is it and how difficult is it to change?:

Thanx for any assistance

:flag:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hi Guys-

I am new so be patient. Over the past several weeks there has been occasions of not starting periodically (cranks good). Most of the time starts normal. Today it only cranks and now the battery is low. Suggestions?? Could it be the CMP sensor..if so where is it and how difficult is it to change?:

Thanx for any assistance

:flag:
As with anything, diagnostics begin with the basics.......fuel? Fire? Timing?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Try starting it with your foot to the floor on the gas pedal, the idle air control could be stuck closed not allowing it to start. Also recomend getting codes pulled.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
It's located on the intake manifold near the throttle body has 2 bolts that hold it down and a 2 pin electrical connector. I recomend replacing it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts