Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

trade in my Ranger?

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
No doubt about that! Leasing is the most expensive way to operate a vehicle. Then you're "stuck" at the end of the lease and so desperate for another set of wheels, you just sign another one!

Ryan

And for people that can't come up with the money needed at signing to lease the next vehicle that they can't afford, the dealer will be more than happy to let them put that on their credit card. Might as well pay that one off over 24-36 months too. :rolleyes:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
You guys got it all wrong, the modern way for the salesman to screw a buyer is to lease (ie, rental) the vehicle to him. There are many benefits, like, the person getting (notice I didn't say, buying, because they aren't) the vehicle get into something they can't actually afford, the salesman makes a commission, sucker/person acquiring the vehicle comes back when lease is up, with luck salesman leases the guy another vehicle and makes another commission, and ideally, salesman sells the lease return, thus he made out very well on commissions.

Lease because, it get's people into vehicles they can't afford to own. Suckers, to put it lightly.

No doubt about that! Leasing is the most expensive way to operate a vehicle. Then you're "stuck" at the end of the lease and so desperate for another set of wheels, you just sign another one!

Ryan

We've discussed this before- leasing can be an appropriate, cost-effective option. Depends entirely on the terms of the lease. These past few months I've sen some extremely aggressive lease deals put out by manufacturers. As with all things, you need to crunch the numbers and see what makes the most sense.

re: Desperation at end of lease. Don't forget the obvious alternative- just buy the lease out for the pre-assigned residual value.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Jeez Ern..as much as we have butted heads, I have to agree with your post!

:beer:

Ford Truck Articles