Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hot heated seats

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Yes, I know they're supposed to be. Question is, is there an auto on program? I've read there's one with factory remote start and the system set to auto; BUT, I don't have remote start. I get in the truck, close the door then start it and every now and again on a regular basis the seats turn on as well...

if you leave it turned on when you exit, mine comes on with a start. I do have remote start, but they don't come on that way... at least not mine.

And the seat goes off with the key

My grandma used to work at the Stinker Station off of 84 in Caldwell.. I lived in New Plymouth for a time, still have lots of relatives in the Boise area.

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
if you leave it turned on when you exit, mine comes on with a start. I do have remote start, but they don't come on that way... at least not mine.

I've always wondered that too.....if it works as you say (by leaving it on when I shut the vehicle off) THAT'D BE AWESOME....I don't put enough miles on my car to think about that....and I do have an aftermarket remote start on both the KR and Expi.....going to have to try that this winter.....I'm guessing it works the same way with the cooled seats also?

Just before I get out... turn on the heated seat and defroster to medium fan speed and heat to hot. Remote start the truck and need to get the key in the hole within 10 minutes or it commands shut down.

In summer, I just turn the A/C to max and fan to high... same thing, remote start and enter within 10 minutes to a cool truck!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts