Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

16,412 miles on single oil change

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
OK, lets try this, I had an old ranger that I abused it mercilously. In a quarter million miles, I know I changed the oil 5 times. We took the 2.9 apart, could see the cross hatches in the cylinders, absolutely no sludge anywhere. Using your own logic, that means the 10w30 dino motorcraft oil was just as good as your amsoil, right?

I know this is an old post, but you're saying you changed the oil in this thing on average every 50k miles? Hard to believe......before using Amsoil synthetics for the extended drain intervals, I couldn't go 5 or 6k miles without the oil turning watery and black. And the vehicle was in decent shape; meaning it didn't smoke, didn't leak, didn't burn, didn't knock, etc.

26K?? dang thats some strong oil there to have a report like that...

Love it.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I know this is an old post, but you're saying you changed the oil in this thing on average every 50k miles? Hard to believe......before using Amsoil synthetics for the extended drain intervals, I couldn't go 5 or 6k miles without the oil turning watery and black. And the vehicle was in decent shape; meaning it didn't smoke, didn't leak, didn't burn, didn't knock, etc.

Love it.

It's not probably hard to go that far if your adding a qt every 1k miles.. I've seen it done before..

But not 25k miles on the original 6 QTS. and only adding 1 qt the entire time..

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
What is his total cost to date running synthetic, filters, and oil analysis?

Ford Truck Articles